Sunday, February 12, 2012

{Welcome Home}

Finally a productive weekend! I'll admit...I spend way too many weekends glued to the t.v. watching nonsense programs instead of doing chores, fun projects, enjoying fresh air etc. Today I woke up...around 10am(yikes), and thought to myself, "what the heck am I doing??".  I have a new home, an awesome best friend/hubby, projects, unpacking, and the usual chores to do.  Yet I hardly take advantage/complete any of these things some times.  I began wondering why I don't feel as if I have any energy, and why I just wonder about ideas instead of trying them.  So I am hoping I can peg this as an "ah ha" moment and commit to doing more on my days off! Starting today. 
I had begun painting my "Scrabble" inspired blocks for a welcome sign a couple weekends back, so I finally picked up some hardware to complete the project.  I had made some signs two Christmas's ago for friends but never made one for us so with the new home now was the time.  I'm so glad I did because this home really needs some personal touches :]  My mom also gifted us with some neat artwork for the living room, and I hung up some Instagrams I had printed as well!  I have been working on some paint chip art for the bedroom so I look forward to posting about the complete look soon.  Here is a sneak peak of the living room of our new place. Welcome to the Orr home...
I'm thinking a wreath project is next.

so much more to add but it's a start.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love & appreciate your comments!