Sunday, July 31, 2011

Baby shower keepsake

I'm hosting a baby shower for a dear friend, who is expecting her second child but first girl.  The inspiration behind the shower was very simple, my friend absolutely loves pink and her daughter's nursery is decorated with a "princess" motif.  I chose a crown as a nod to a "princess" and of course everything is pink! 

Another friend's past shower had tree branches that held small paper leaves to write a message to the baby.  I loved that idea and chose to replicate it for this shower.  I traced pink, paper crowns and cut them all out.  I then made a simple ribbon board for guests to place their messages on.  The mother can then hang the board in the nursery or simply put the messages in the baby's book.  It was very easy and is a great option for extra decor at the shower!  Here are some steps in photos to make your own:

Things you will need:
foam board, glue gun, glue sticks, ribbon, and fabric
I cut a foam board into a rectangle in the size I thought would work best.
 cut fabric allowing for extra on all sides of board to fold and glue into place.
Glue middle portion of each side to board making sure to pull taut.
 Make sure to finish corners neatly so as to make a clean edge
I find it easier to start with the middle ribbon and work to the outside. Glue in place making sure, again, to pull taut.
 Once you have all the ribbon you would like going one diagonal, the next step is to cut and weave ribbon going the opposite diagonal. Pull taut and glue in place.
 I glued a ribbon to the back to hang it on the wall to display all the lovely messages from the guests.  


I know proper ribbon boards are made with plywood and batting but for the purposes of quick and easy shower decor I used a simpler version. :)  i can't wait to show you lovelies the end result of the shower!

1 comment:

  1. This is so adorable Rachel! You have so many sweet ideas for speical events!

    ReplyDelete

I love & appreciate your comments!